Approved Accounting Specialists in Accounting for Software Businesses
We understand the challenges required setting up and running a successful software business: the difficulties around client acquisition cost, churn, software bugs and investment – we’ve seen at all before. In the software sector you need an accountant that understands your business and can provide the specific support you need. We are that accountant.
We have the credentials:
- Top 50 Business Adviser in the UK
- Xero Gold Partner
- Vouchedfor UK Top Rated
- 300 happy clients
- 99% client retention
- All directors are ICAEW Chartered Accountants
- Client and in-house experience in software businesses
Building the perfect accounting system for your software company
We’re proud to have worked with some great software businesses and know what it takes to set up the perfect accounting systems for them. We’ve learned that you need these important pillars:
- Use the best technology: We use Xero, the market leader in small business accounting software.
- Get your technology system set-up perfectly: We’re all experts in Xero so whatever you need from your accounting system, we can set it up and ensure it runs seamlessly. We can also help you add other apps to integrate with your accounting system such as online sales, timesheets, CRM.
- One point of contact: It’s important for continuity and efficiency that we provide one primary point of contact, supported by a dedicated team.
- Personal service: We can act as your remote Financial Director, taking responsibility for the smooth running of your systems, and the provision of key information to decision-makers, at the time they need it.
- Expert advice: Our leadership team have extensive knowledge and experience. Our experience in practice, software businesses and from our 300 current clients, we’ve seen pretty much everything!
How Approved Accounting works:
- Review: We assess how your accounts are currently administered and create an action plan for how we’re going to streamline and improve them.
- Build your accounting system: Whatever you need, we can build and design an accounting system which delivers it consistently. Using software and our expertise, accounting really can be administered with the minimum of fuss.
- Management: We ensure that your system works perfectly and work with you to keep it that way. From simple bookkeeping and payroll queries to management accounts, end of year reporting and even pension administration, we make sure nothing is missed.
- Expert Advice: From time to time you may need some specialist advice. Whether that is an R&D tax credit claim, a PAYE issue or round of EIS fundraising, we’re here to help.
- Ongoing support: We’re a small team who understand running a business isn’t a 9–5 job. We’re here for support, advice and guidance when you need us.
Read more about our full range of accounting services for software and tech businesses.
What our software clients say:
As a software business it has been refreshing to use an accounting firm who understand what we do and can provide highly specific advice bases on our needs as a software business.
Running a start-up company is a challenging task to say the least. Jon has been absolutely amazing in terms of helping me keep all the financial side of the business on track.
It is very comforting for us to see the knowledge you are able to demonstrate. We’re very happy with your help and guidance.
Contact us for advice
If you would like to talk to us about how we can help your software business or tech company grow please contact us for a consultation. We are a modern and proactive accounting firm.